Tomorrow’s Project Leaders
If you are taking this course, you probably have some professional exposure to the duties of a project manager, or you may be considering embarking on a career in professional project management. Your ability as a project manager to demonstrate best practices in project management-both on the job and through professional certification-is becoming the standard to compete in today’s fast-paced and highly technical workplace. In this course, you will apply the generally recognized practices of project management acknowledged by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® to successfully manage projects.
Project managers who have proven skills and experience can find exciting, high-visibility opportunities in a wide range of fields. This course is specifically designed to provide you with the proven, practical body of project management knowledge and skills that you need to demonstrate project management mastery on the job. The skills and knowledge you gain in this course will help you avoid making costly mistakes and increase your competitive edge in the project management profession.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Get started with project management fundamentals.
2. Identify organizational influences and project life cycle.
3. Work with project management processes.
4. Initiate a project.
5. Plan a project.
6. Plan for project time management.
7. Plan project budget, quality, and communications.
8. Plan for risk, procurements, and stakeholder management.
9. Execute a project.
10. Manage project work, scope, schedules, and cost.
11. Control a project.
12. Close a project.